Yesterday afternoon Dan started on the canopy skirt. First things first – cover everything the resin will touch with tape. So after about 4 rolls of wide masking tape along with poster board the Panther looks like a little funny.
Then Dan started laying out the fiberglass and cut a bunch of 8 inch wide strips.
Mixing up the resin in a cut off beer can with a wooden tongue depressor works well.
Then he laid the strips and started blotting and brushing the resin on, layer after layer.
After about 4 hours of this we pulled the Panther out to stand back and take a look.
Then we rolled her back in for the night and let the fiberglass harden up.
This morning we pulled it off.
And then Dan started to grid it down
And then back on the Panther it goes.
Next the skirt will be fitted to the frame and hinge.
Go Team Panther!