Cougar Updates

Forum rules
The PantherCave is for Panther builders, potential builders and enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Be Nice and Use a Real Name.
ykachuro
First Name: Yuri
Last Name: K
City or Town: St John + Steamboat
State or Province: USVI + CO

Re: Cougar Updates

Post by ykachuro »

The modern history of aviation is replete with broken promises. I personally would rather see Team SPA come out with a definitive announcement once they have no doubts in their ability to deliver on time

AA406079
First Name: John
Last Name: Bubla
City or Town: North Vancouver
State or Province: BC

Post by AA406079 »

So... would we be correct in understanding the Cougar should become available around Oshkosh 2019?

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Post by at7000ft »

PlaneDan wrote:What is it, "the patience of Jobe", well you must have it. Are you expecting the Cougar to qualify for LSA? It might if they design it around the UL Power.
With the new Basic Med rules I would think that LSA is a don't care for everyone but people with only Sport Pilot licenses.

RH
Rick Holland
N6819Z

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Post by PlaneDan »

What is it, "the patience of Jobe", well you must have it. Are you expecting the Cougar to qualify for LSA? It might if they design it around the UL Power.
PantherBuilder.org

DJ760
First Name: DJ
Last Name: Cooley
State or Province:

Post by DJ760 »

Well... Another Oshkosh is here. Interesting to see if they address the Cougar in any way.

DJ760
First Name: DJ
Last Name: Cooley
State or Province:

Post by DJ760 »

rv10builder wrote:Here we are: 104 days away from EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2017, and yes - Rachel told me last year that the Cougar was three years away "with a ribbon on top" if I am to quote her exactly, but can we at least get a teaser with some progress reports? This is truly agonizing. I'm sitting here with money burning a hole in my pocket! At least post something like a rudder, or drawings, or something out there. I need something!!! :shock:

OK, in all seriousness I know it's a long, arduous process bringing a kit aircraft to market. Of all of the unwanted email I get, this one would truly be welcome.

Brian S.
Nashville, TN
Wow!! Potentially still 2 more years away??! That's very disheartening to read. I hope you're wrong. I've been pinning a lot of hope on these folks since the Cougar was first announced... 4? years ago. I'm looking for a reasonable costing, low wing / LSA / Tandem seating / Tricycle gear kit. Love the RV8A - but it is bigger, more expensive, and non-LSA. I was really hoping they would have a kit ready by the time I retired - end of last year. Really liked the premise of this kit vs. the CX5.

I know being a startup is difficult. Wishing them well.

rv10builder
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Sutherland
City or Town: Arrington
State or Province: TN

Post by rv10builder »

Here we are: 104 days away from EAA Airventure Oshkosh 2017, and yes - Rachel told me last year that the Cougar was three years away "with a ribbon on top" if I am to quote her exactly, but can we at least get a teaser with some progress reports? This is truly agonizing. I'm sitting here with money burning a hole in my pocket! At least post something like a rudder, or drawings, or something out there. I need something!!! :shock:

OK, in all seriousness I know it's a long, arduous process bringing a kit aircraft to market. Of all of the unwanted email I get, this one would truly be welcome.

Brian S.
Nashville, TN
Brian S.
Arrington, TN
SPA Panther Sport S/N 087, O-320-B2B (160HP), Catto 3-Blade, GRT Mini, flying 100+ hours
RV-10 N104BS (Sold)

Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Post by Tony Spicer »

jaytunstill09
First Name: Jay
Last Name: Tunstill
City or Town: Flintville
State or Province: Tennessee

Cougar Updates

Post by jaytunstill09 »

Sorry if this has been asked already in another post. Are there any updates as to when the Cougar is going to be going through Phase 1? Any hopeful goals, like shooting for SNF 2016? Thanks!!