Bruce - Panther #106

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
MyronNCallaham
First Name: Myron
Last Name: Callaham
City or Town: Bowling Green
State or Province: Kentucky

Re: Bruce - Panther #106

Post by MyronNCallaham »

Welcome to the club. SPA staff and fellow builders are very helpful. Which air park?

Barry
First Name: Barry
Last Name: Cole
City or Town: Salida
State or Province: Co

Post by Barry »

Welcome to the group, enjoy the build!

Barry
Panther Sport #95

woolleys
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Woolley
City or Town: Green Cove Springs
State or Province: Florida

Post by woolleys »

Bruce, congratulations on selecting a wonderful airplane to build and fly. You will find the flying characteristics wonderful and yes indeed it will be a little "sports car". I am about halfway through building my second Panther, if you have any questions and need to just fly somewhere to look at panthers, you can come to Haller Airpark of take a look. My email is: woolleys@bellsouth.net; drop me a note anytime you need help.
Bob Woolley

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Post by PlaneDan »

Welcome Bruce. Living in FLA, certainly will prove to be a huge benefit to your building.

Have fun.
PantherBuilder.org

bruceflys
First Name: Bruce
Last Name: McGregor
City or Town: Ocala
State or Province: FL

Bruce - Panther #106

Post by bruceflys »

Hello All,

I am building the tail components currently and expect to pick up the remainder of my kit next week. My home in central Florida is less than a two hour drive from the SPA facility. I live on a residential airpark with a hangar in the backyard, which makes commuting to the project easy. Being retired helps too.

My current main ride is a Cessna 182, which is a capable and sturdy cross-country bird, but not exactly a lively airplane. If it is the family sedan, I anticipate that the Panther will be my sports car. Current thinking is a Superior IO-320 with a Whirl Wind constant speed prop.

Thanks to past contributors to this forum for questions answered and advice given. Those posts truly help we who follow in their footsteps.

Cheers, Bruce