NACA vents

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
danweseman
First Name: dan
Last Name: weseman
State or Province:

Re: NACA vents

Post by danweseman »

Dan Weseman
Designer
Builder
Test pilot
Panther 515XP

rv10builder
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Sutherland
City or Town: Arrington
State or Province: TN

Re: NACA vents

Post by rv10builder »

I'm actually using Van's RV-10 rear vents and they fit perfectly in between the fuselage vertical tubes just aft of the instrument panel. Not sure how much air they'll provide on the Panther, but they worked great in the -10. They are $18 for a set from Van's (search for part number = VENT SIDEWALL KIT)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brian S.
Arrington, TN
SPA Panther Sport S/N 087, O-320-B2B (160HP), Catto 3-Blade, GRT Mini, flying 100+ hours
RV-10 N104BS (Sold)

fwellman@att.net
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Wellman
City or Town: Middleburg Hts
State or Province: Ohio

NACA vents

Post by fwellman@att.net »

I would like to install either one or two NACA vents for cooling in the cockpit.
I have seen photos of other Panthers that have vents installed. I wonder if anyone can give me a couple of tips on installation. Are two necessary or will one suffice? Are they bonded in place , riveted, or both? If bonded what type. Is there an ideal place to mount it on the fuselage? Is there a good source for the NACA vents? I purchased one from ACS for 43 dollars, and is is just a piece of clear moulded plastic similar to the moulded plastic use for clear packaging. Not very substantial and definitely not worth the 43 dollars.

Thanks,
Fred