Bill VonDane - Colorado

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
ykachuro
First Name: Yuri
Last Name: K
City or Town: St John + Steamboat
State or Province: USVI + CO

Re: Bill VonDane - Colorado

Post by ykachuro »

Bill, it’s great to have another Panther builder in CO! If you ever decide to make it to Steamboat, I’d be grateful for you looking over my project. There is no EAA chapter or tech cancellors anywhere close to me here. I’ve been sidetracked by family commitments for the last couple of months, but my Panther’s airframe is on wheel and I consider that I had made good progress so far. I am also sure I will take adventage of your panel tool, thank you!
There was an idea floated that the CO Panther builders should get together sometime over this summer, possibly in Steamboat. I’d be happy to host the get together.

bs10five
First Name: Bill
Last Name: VonDane
City or Town: Elbert
State or Province: CO

New eHangar.org Panel Designer

Post by bs10five »

I'm not sure if any of you remember the Panel Builder website I started back in the 90s when I was building my Sonex (I'm sure Tony remembers) but I've been working on a new Panel Designer site that I am hoping to launch in the coming weeks. In the meantime I would like to invite you all to check it out now, so long as you're ok with being beta testers...

The new website is https://www.ehangar.org, and the new tool is called the Panel Designer. The Panther panel template is all loaded up, and all you need to do is go to the site and register to get started.

It's free, and always will be, but that means there will be ads. However, I will keep them relevant and hopefully not too annoying.

Again, please let me know if you have any issues, or if you would like to see any additional instruments and etc.

Thanks!
Bill VonDane

bs10five
First Name: Bill
Last Name: VonDane
City or Town: Elbert
State or Province: CO

Bill VonDane - Colorado

Post by bs10five »

Hello everyone. My interested in kit planes started in 1999 when I bought my Sonex kit. I got through most of the airframe before they started flying the first prototype, after which I decided it may not be the best aircraft for me up here in Colorado, so I sold it and built an RV-8A. I created the first Sonex builder community in 1999 called Sonex links...and passed on that torch when I sold my kit. Worked with a friend of mine to design and prototype an all carbon fiber LSA, the Nexaer, in the mid 2000's. While building my RV I came up with some new ideas for lighting and was the first to bring LED nav, position and strobes to the experimental aircraft market back in the early 2000's. Developed and sold modern strobe power supplies, wig-wag flashers, landing lights and other cool stuff. Built and managed the ePanel Builder from 1999 to 2010, as well as provided custom instrument panel design, building and installation services for many aircraft from about 2004 to 2010. I flew my RV for about 6 year and 600 hours, sold it and bought a Yak 52, rebuilt and flew it for a couple years and sold it before I moved to the east coast for work in 2011. Been airplanless now for a couple years and am thinking its about time for another project. EAA member, Technical Counselor and Flight Adviser (not currently). Work for a gvmt contractor as a Systems Engineer / Integrator on advanced communications systems.

Feel free to hit me up anytime...
-Bill