New guy from West Virginia

Introduce Yourself Here - Create your own thread and upload your project photos
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Maddpilot
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Madden
City or Town: Milton
State or Province: WV

Re: New guy from West Virginia

Post by Maddpilot »

Well sounds like we have a few things in common. I work as a helicopter pilot out of Yeager airport in charleston. Would love to chat about your experiences on building the panther so far. I'm chomping at the bits to buy/build one but really want to hold out to see the cougar. A girlfriend as well as three kids makes a single seat anything not such a good idea. I'm totally impressed with all I've seen and read on the Panther and think they have a nice looking sport plane. I'm not a fabricator nor do I want to be. But I am somewhat mechanically inclined and it appears this is a fairly simple kit. Also doesn't seem to be one that will break the bank.
Anyway my name is Chris and I look forward to chatting and even meeting up with you.

Phil Maxson
First Name: Phillip
Last Name: Maxson
City or Town: Washington
State or Province: New Jersey

Post by Phil Maxson »

I'm an "old guy" from West Virginia! Now living in New Jersey and working on the SPAR of my Panther. I grew up in Charleston (Kanawha City) and come to the Mountain State a couple times a year. I would be glad to meet up with you guys at some point.

Maddpilot

Post by Maddpilot »

That would be great. My email is maddpilot@yahoo.com
Perhaps sometime convenient for you we can meet up.

Viking
First Name: Ragnar
Last Name: Ingason
City or Town: Wheelersburg
State or Province: Ohio

Post by Viking »

Yes I´m building one. Welcome to have a look if you want!
Ragnar Ingason
Ohio(KPMH)
Panther Sport S/N 50, Titan340, Whirlwind CS prop.

Maddpilot

Post by Maddpilot »

Just looked up where McDermott Ohio is and ironically I used to fly an EMS helicopter not far from you.

Maddpilot

Post by Maddpilot »

Seriously? Are you currently building one? If so would love to meet up and check it out.

Viking
First Name: Ragnar
Last Name: Ingason
City or Town: Wheelersburg
State or Province: Ohio

Post by Viking »

I'm about an hour and a half from Milton...would be fun to have a another Panther in the area!
Ragnar Ingason
Ohio(KPMH)
Panther Sport S/N 50, Titan340, Whirlwind CS prop.

Maddpilot

Post by Maddpilot »

Thanks for the hospitality Bob! I've watched the videos on YouTube with Dan and yourself and as I mentioned I'm very impressed with all I see of the Panther. Building a kit aircraft and flying it has been a dream for many years. As with most folks it always seemed to be pushed off. Having watched the evolution of kit or home built aircraft technology I'm very impressed with aircraft that have great performance as well as looks. I do have Tons of questions. I am planning on coming down to sun and fun in the spring and hopefully by then the cougar will be released. I'd love to look the aircraft over in person as well as talk with you guys.
Anyway, thank you again for welcoming me to your group and beware of a million questions I prob will have! Lol

Chris Madden

woolleys
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Woolley
City or Town: Green Cove Springs
State or Province: Florida

Post by woolleys »

Good morning Chris. Welcome to the group of potential SPA builders. If you finally pull the trigger and start down the Panther or Cougar path, you will not be disappointed. For a first time builder, this is one of the most builder friendly kit you could consider. If you do jump into the SPA build arena, you can not go wrong with one of Dan's designs. The Panther is a joy to fly and will bring a smile to your face.

If you have any specific questions, give me a shout.

Bob Woolley

Maddpilot

New guy from West Virginia

Post by Maddpilot »

Hi all, am a knuckle dragging helicopter pilot from West Virginia. Despite dreams of building and flying my own plane I am completely new to this. Am highly intrigued and interested in the Panther and chomping at bits to see the comparison with the cougar.