Cougar info...?

Off topic discussion board
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
csjohnson65
First Name: Chris
Last Name: Johnson
State or Province:

Re: Cougar info...?

Post by csjohnson65 »

Hi Dogger - As the sprawling complex that is SPA Headquarters is firmly located at Haller Airpark which boasts a single 2600' turf runway, I think you can be assured that the Cougar will be capable of operating from grass strips. The Panther already does, and I have had the pleasure of watching Dan do a demo flight off that grass runway at Haller. - Chris

dogger
First Name: wade
Last Name: berger
City or Town: Womelsdorf
State or Province: Pa

Post by dogger »

I noticed reading that the cougar is going to be 725 to 850 with 1320 gross weight. Is this the lsa version and the sport version have a heavier gross or is it stuck at 1320 even for the non lsa. I'm curious as I'm a heavy guy and it would limit my passenger weight a good bit.
my other question is will the panther and cougar be able to take off from grass runways or unimproved runways at all?Or is it strictly good asphalt runways. I am only referencing to the tail wheel versions.
thanks

MarkB
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Bowes
State or Province:

Post by MarkB »

Sounds great.

rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

Merzy wrote:Wondering if the 3,000cc/ 120HP Corvair will be an option for the Cougar? And will there be an LSA option by chance?
Yes and yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merzy
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Meier
State or Province:

Post by Merzy »

Wondering if the 3,000cc/ 120HP Corvair will be an option for the Cougar? And will there be an LSA option by chance?

rlweseman
Site Admin
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

dcrogers11 wrote:Just checking to see if there are any updates on the horizon for the Cougar? Also, will the o-360 be an engine choice for it?
Thanks,
Don
Customer demand will drive the engine options for the Cougar, but the 0-360 should be a good choice for the big cat. More info to come soon.

rlweseman
Site Admin
State or Province:

Post by rlweseman »

MarkB wrote:Is the idea that the cougar will be able to fly basic aerobatics two up?

Regards
Mark
Yes - the Cougar will be a two place, tandem, gentleman's aerobatic version of the Panther.

MarkB
State or Province:

Post by MarkB »

Is the idea that the cougar will be able to fly basic aerobatics two up?

Regards
Mark

dcrogers11
First Name: Don
Last Name: Rogers
State or Province:

Post by dcrogers11 »

Just checking to see if there are any updates on the horizon for the Cougar? Also, will the o-360 be an engine choice for it?
Thanks,
Don

MarkB
State or Province:

Post by MarkB »

Very excited to hear the Cougar is on the way. I am hoping it will be able to do sportsman type aero's two up and still remain affordable. The Cougar has the potential to revolutionise sport aerobatics and open the sport up to many more pilots who would otherwise have said the right aircraft for sport aerobatics is just not affordable. The traditional two seat aerobatic mainly TC aircraft are just too expensive to operate, at least where I live in South Africa.

Regards Mark