Full Kit

Off topic discussion board
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
rlweseman
Site Admin
First Name: Rachel
Last Name: Weseman
State or Province:

Re: Full Kit

Post by rlweseman »

Hi Dan!
Thanks for contacting us. I like your name ;)

The full kit is firewall back and includes the following:
Full Kit Includes

The full kit does not include:
Not Included

The tail kit is just the tail kit - so it is a sub kit. The sub kits are for builders who don't want to jump off and purchase the full kit and prefer to do it sub kit, by sub kit. The total of all the sub kits, cost wise, will be more expensive than a full kit.

The full kit includes the tail kit and all sub kits for that matter, everything firewall back.

The Corvair firewall forward is developed and is flying on the prototype Panther. The estimated cost for engine mount, cowling, exhaust and intake is estimated to run you around $2200. These are rough numbers for budgeting and should be close.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Rachel

Tony Spicer
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Spicer
State or Province:

Re: Full Kit

Post by Tony Spicer »

Dan,

There are some Panther engine installation photos here: https://picasaweb.google.com/tonyboytoo

Rachel most likely has more photos, as well as the details on kit breakdown.

Tony

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Full Kit

Post by PlaneDan »

I am still a bit confused about what this means. The price list mentions full kit, but along with that states the option of the tail kit. I am assuming that the full kit means everything to build the plane except engine, engine mount, instruments, cowling, and wheels and brakes. Also, no tools provided. I am also assuming that you are stating the tail kit to determine what option the builder wants and that all the kits are included in the "Full Kit".

I have a 2700 corvair, all my instruments, and wheels and brakes. Is a cowling and engine mount package available for this installation? Do you have an estimate of the cost for this engine installation.

I would also like to see your FWF installation of the Corvair on your Panther.
PantherBuilder.org