Substantially completed Panther for Sale! Serial #52

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Sacpilot
First Name: Christopher
Last Name: Braun
City or Town: Rocklin
State or Province: CA

Substantially completed Panther for Sale! Serial #52

Post by Sacpilot »

Hi Guys! I am a Lifetime EAA member, #707822 and am sad to say that I am going to be selling my LSA Light Sport SPA Panther Kit, Serial #52, that I have been building since Jan 2015. This is my second experimental aircraft, with the first being a completed Zenith 750 which took about 2 years. I have about 750 hours in this Panther so far, and have taken immense pride and care in the build. I am logging my time and work toward the A and P certificate. Unfortunately, my mission has changed as I own 4 other Cessnas and Pipers, and want to be able to carry my children in my tailwheel adventures. I have been actively building this aircraft, and with young kids, the pace has been slower. I just did some work this week. I have accomplished a massive amount of work, with the remaining work being: the canopy, building wings on the already completed spars, sealing the fuel tanks, installing the basic avionics and engine. I would estimate 150-250 hours for a builder as the plans and photo builders manual is incredibly detailed and easy to follow. The project has been worked on, and stored in, my heated garage, so all parts are in perfect shape. I have every bolt, screw, rivet, washer, and part in 2 boxes. They are all labeled with part numbers in bags and boxes by Sport Performance, and very easy to identify via the plane and builders manual. I also have a beautiful o-235-L2C with 2200 hours and no prop strike that is 200 less than TBO and will probably run for another 500-600 hours. That’s 10 plus years. As the engine came out of a Cessna 152, I had an engine mounted fuel pump installed at DIVCO so that it had an added layer of protection for a low wing. And DIVCO inspected and machined the entire accessory case as needed. This engine is available separately for only $4500. I have $5500 in the engine and the DIVCO work.

Here are the details below. I will amend them if I think of anything else.

Panther
Serial Number #52
Complete build logs and photos online
-2nd time builder
-mission has changed - going to restore an Aeronca Champ
-Aircraft/parts have been stored in heated garage
-All skins are dimpled for countersunk rivets!
-skins are match drilled for easy assembly!
-Removable wings for trailering
-Fully adjustable seat in length, height, and recline
-Fully adjustable rudder pedals and toe brakes
-700 hours invested so far - probably 200 to go
-Every part and piece of hardware for kit is included except for engine mount
-Very detailed plans included plus an incredible step by step online builders manual with photos
-Steel safety cage in cockpit from firewall to baggage area - huge area - I am 6’3 230 and I have a ton of room
-Spars built - 100 hours of build time in spars
-Incredible attention to detail - deburred all corners, edges, and holes - any mistake prompted the purchase of a new part with shipping cost
-Quick release canopy for aerobatic egress
- +6 -3 aerobatic
-Electric Trim installed with stick grip trim
-Custom removeable electronics/boot cowl so that you can access brakes and avionics in 1-2 minutes
-Custom eyeball vents and NACA scoops
-Custom CNC throttle and mixture quadrant
-Custom Oregon Aero seat $800
-Molded grip with hat switch and multiple buttons - prewired
-Universal cowl for Corvair through O-320
-Fiberglass wingtips and fairings
-CNC anodized fuel selector and flush fuel caps installed
-5 point quick release harness
-Brake system installed
-Rudder cables connected
-Stainless steel tailwheel spring built by factory
-Matco wheels and brakes
-Control stick and flap handle fitted and installed
-Cockpit skins and bottom skin left at cleco stage for easy inspection and final assembly

I have over $20000 invested in project. Save yourself money and 750 hours of build time. Asking $18.5k obo.

O-235-L2C Engine is $4500 additional. An O-235-L2C crank alone is worth more than that. Pretty firm on that.

Please email me at Christopher.braun @ norcalflightcenter.com and include your phone number or message me on Facebook. You can see pictures on my Facebook page if you friend me. I am Christopher Braun in Rocklin, CA. I am very sad that I have to give this project up. It is in Northern California. You can see the pictures on my Facebook page or the unofficial Sport Performance Panther group on Facebook. Thanks guys!
Christopher Braun
CFII - Owner Norcal Flight Center
EAA Lifetime #808722
Panther SN-052