Overseas builders

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Cmore
First Name: Peter
Last Name: Grogan
City or Town: Cabarita
State or Province: NSW

Re: Overseas builders

Post by Cmore »

Cheers Alan

alky57
First Name: Alan
Last Name: Carter
City or Town: Somerset
State or Province: Tasmania

Post by alky57 »

Cmore wrote:Hi Alan,
Thanks for the reply, I suspected that would be the case with a lot of builders but as I've already build an rv7 I'm pretty used to the old bucking bar. I'm trying to figure out if its possible to do it with a 3x rivet gun as if I had to get a bigger gun its hardly worth it and in fairness it would be reassuring to know the spars are done by professionals.
As far as the canopy is concerned, are SPA doing pre built ones as I can't see it anywhere on the website.
Cheers
Peter
Hey Peter, I can't answer the question re: rivet gun. I suspect that's more something Dan could answer.
However, the pre-bonded canopy is an option on the order form. I did also read somewhere else that the canopy was available pre-bonded, and SPA can build your fuel tanks too
Cheers Al.

Cmore

Post by Cmore »

Hi Alan,
Thanks for the reply, I suspected that would be the case with a lot of builders but as I've already build an rv7 I'm pretty used to the old bucking bar. I'm trying to figure out if its possible to do it with a 3x rivet gun as if I had to get a bigger gun its hardly worth it and in fairness it would be reassuring to know the spars are done by professionals.
As far as the canopy is concerned, are SPA doing pre built ones as I can't see it anywhere on the website.
Cheers
Peter

alky57
First Name: Alan
Last Name: Carter
City or Town: Somerset
State or Province: Tasmania

Post by alky57 »

Cmore wrote:Hi Guys,
What are the overseas builders doing when it comes to building the spar, I'm guessing its cost/time prohibitive to send SPA's riveting machine abroad so are you guys getting it pre-made or doing it the old fashioned way with a rivet gun and bucking bar ?
Cheers
I'm in Australia, and whilst not building at the moment due to lack of funds, my intention is to get the spar and the canopy pre-built by SPA. Due to shipping costs I'll get the whole kit shipped at once including any other pre-built options. I'm impatient and want the build to go as fast as possible so I can get in the air asap. However, regardless of any other options, I'd still want the spar professionally built. I have zero experience using the bucking bar method. Each to their own though as some people may be happier knowing they built the whole aircraft

Cmore

Overseas builders

Post by Cmore »

Hi Guys,
What are the overseas builders doing when it comes to building the spar, I'm guessing its cost/time prohibitive to send SPA's riveting machine abroad so are you guys getting it pre-made or doing it the old fashioned way with a rivet gun and bucking bar ?
Cheers