Wing bolts

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
fwellman@att.net
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Wellman
City or Town: Middleburg Hts
State or Province: Ohio

Re: Wing bolts

Post by fwellman@att.net »

Thanks for the replies. I will use the supplies pins.

Fred

PlaneDan
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Heath
City or Town: Lexington
State or Province: SC USA

Post by PlaneDan »

I also have no use for the folding wing option and asked Dan the same question. He said to use the pins supplied with the kit. I devised an alternative way to secure the pins, however.

http://pantherbuilder.org/
PantherBuilder.org

RonFranck
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Franck
City or Town: Cambridge
State or Province: IL

Post by RonFranck »

I'm not near my plans, Fred, but my best guess is that, folding or not, you would use the same PINS to secure your wings to the fuselage cage/spar attachment box, not bolts.

fwellman@att.net
First Name: Fred
Last Name: Wellman
City or Town: Middleburg Hts
State or Province: Ohio

Wing bolts

Post by fwellman@att.net »

Hello everyone.

I am still undecided whether I want to use the folding wing option.
I have built my wings with the internal parts necessary for the folding wings, but I really dont see me using that option very often. For the rare times that I would have to remove the wings I would probably just put them in a wing cradle. I am building an 0-320 version of the Panther, so I think I would prefer to save the weight, at least for now.

I would like to know what size bolts to use to mount the wings. If there is someone out there who has built a Panther without the folding wing option please let me know the bolt size.

I am not trying to start a conversation about the pros and cons of the folding versus non folding wings, I am just looking for the proper bolt sizes.

Thanks,
Fred