Required Space to Build

General Panther Building Discussion
Forum rules
A forum for Panther aircraft builders and Enthusiasts. Two simple rules: Play nice and use a real name
Jinkers
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Flugum
City or Town: Fort Collins
State or Province: CO

Re: Required Space to Build

Post by Jinkers »

I am building in my basement in roughly the area of a 1 car garage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Matsu727737
First Name: Frederic
Last Name: Hellwig
City or Town: Nevada City
State or Province: CA

Post by Matsu727737 »

Thanks for the comments guys!
Rick Hellwig

at7000ft
First Name: RICK
Last Name: HOLLAND
City or Town: CASTLE ROCK
State or Province: Colorado

Post by at7000ft »

Will help a lot if you have space somewhere in your house (basement) to store finished hor/vert tail parts and the wings after you partially finish them. Even if it's just leaning them against a wall somewhere so you can work the fuselage in your one car garage. I have a similar (first world) problem, keeping two cars and a panther in a three car garage, this is when the folding/easily removable wing option really helps. I jumped ahead in the manual and added the folding wing option early so I can store the Panther in a one car area with tail parts installed and mostly finished wings installed (and also important fold/unfold the wings by myself without having to have a friend come over). Then I can pull out one or both cars, unfold wings and work on flaps/ailerons/etc. then fold back up and pull the cars back in. In your case (on a nice weather day you could push the fuselage (on gear) outside, unfold wings, get some work done then fold wings up and push back in.

Good luck

Rick H
Rick Holland
N6819Z

RonFranck
First Name: Ron
Last Name: Franck
City or Town: Cambridge
State or Province: IL

Post by RonFranck »

California gives you an advantage in that you can do a lot of building outdoors. Do you have a spare bedroom that can act as a parts depot? Will your one car garage be devoid of the usual garage clutter that plagues most of us? If there is another Panther builder in your immediate area pay him or her a visit to get a firsthand feel for the space requirements.

matthunter1448
First Name: matthew
Last Name: wiechman
City or Town: spanaway
State or Province: wa

Post by matthunter1448 »

I would definitely say a one car garage is doable. I have a two car but most is filled up with crates and such.

Matsu727737
First Name: Frederic
Last Name: Hellwig
City or Town: Nevada City
State or Province: CA

Required Space to Build

Post by Matsu727737 »

What would you guys say would be the minimum space required to build the aircraft? I only have a 1 car garage available.